My Pictures

Tell Me Your Opinions..

Why “Two Smiles for the Price of One”?

Why did I name this blog “Two Smiles for the Price of One”? Maybe I should explain … As a hobby, I make cards, handmade and designed by myself. I make my own cards for Christmas, wedding invitations, birthdays, etc. It is a passion that I have, I love to design and make them. Once, I even designed and made 400 wedding invitation cards for my sister in law, and it was very well received...read more..


Why did I name this blog “Two Smiles for the Price of One”? Maybe I should explain …

As a hobby, I make cards, handmade and designed by myself. I make my own cards for Christmas, wedding invitations, birthdays, etc. It is a passion that I have, I love to design and make them. Once, I even designed and made 400 wedding invitation cards for my sister in law, and it was very well received by many *or at least I want to think so :)* … of course, I haven’t made any for sale.

I am not sure about you, but I can’t help but to notice that greeting cards today are no longer cheap. People spend around RM 10-20 for a greeting card, which we simply sign it off, and send it to the intended recipient. Most of the time, our objective is to bring some type of well wishes to the recipient, or maybe to invite the person for an important function. Whatever the reason maybe, we certainly wish that our card will bring a smile to the recipient. That’s one smile.

So, where’s the 2nd smile?

Many times, I reflect back on the blessings that I have been showered with and I thank God for it, but then there are many others around the world that are not as blessed as us. These are people that need our help, support, and usually, financially. How often do we come across a charity that is asking for monetary support? This is where the 2nd smile comes from, these foundations and charities.

Once, I made Christmas cards to raise funds for a non profitable organization which is very close to our (my husband and I) hearts, and all profits went to helping support pre-school education for under-privilege kids… These “second” smiles warmed my heart!

Do you want to feel that warmth?

Just request a personalized handmade greeting cards/bookmark/gift cards from me, provide the necessary details (i.e. occasion). I’ll personalize the card for you (or I can even sign it off and send it to your recipient)… All profits simply go to that specific charity which the card is designed for… it’s as simple as that.

But then, I know what everyone else is thinking, what happens if this is all a big lie, that the charity gets nothing from my purchase. Well, this certainly is an act of faith, because we’re certainly not going to have a big 5 audit firm come check my books. However, the worst case scenario is that your love one gets a personalized card for RM 20, and he or she smiles… and I pocket the rest of the profit. Or ok, there’s another worst case scenario, say for the very first time, you pay me and no one receives anything, you lose RM 20, write something nasty on my blog, and there goes my entire effort.

However, if I’m doing this for real, you buy TWO SMILES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Widget by LinkWithin