My Pictures

Tell Me Your Opinions..

Why “Two Smiles for the Price of One”?

Why did I name this blog “Two Smiles for the Price of One”? Maybe I should explain … As a hobby, I make cards, handmade and designed by myself. I make my own cards for Christmas, wedding invitations, birthdays, etc. It is a passion that I have, I love to design and make them. Once, I even designed and made 400 wedding invitation cards for my sister in law, and it was very well received...read more..


I have a conversation with my daughter this afternoon during lunch. We go thru this every day before I drop her off to school and I will then go to work. Today, our topic of discussion is “What do you want to be?”
Erica : Mommy, did you say you want me to be a doctor?
Mommy : Girl, if you want to be a doctor… but you did say you want to be a vet, didn’t you? In order to be a doctor, you will need to study hard and that’s why, mommy always ask you to read and to do revision.
Erica : ya, if I do not study hard, I can only be a housemaid… but I wanna be a “home maid”?
Mommy : huh? You like to do what Jasmin (our maid) does every day?
Erica : No, I don’t want to be a maid! But I want to be like Godma…
Mommy : *looking puzzle* What do you mean, girl?
Erica : I want to be like Godma, she stays home to take care of her children. I want to stay home and take care of my children.

At this point, I can’t help but to sms my friends, Poh Koon (Erica’s Godma) and Cheng Yi, telling them the profound aspiration of my first born. Poh Koon later sms reply and say “I would tell otherwise… I think I need to have a one to one with Erica ”.Then the conversation continues…

Erica : Do you know I miss the time that you stayed home and don’t work for one month… when can you do that again?
Mommy : When did I not work for one month? *Scratching my head* and how can mommy not work for a month? *defensive*
Erica : You did! When Sammy boy is born, you were at home with us… *a great smile on her face*
Mommy : ohhhh… that’s two months la, girl!
Erica : Oh, that’s two month ah? But you know, I like that… you send me to school, you pick me up and you are at home with me!! So, I want to be like Godma, she takes care of Abby, Hannah, Sara at home… so nice and so good!
Mommy : *silent into deep thought*

It impresses me that the little brain can see things in a such total different perspective from us adult. I must learn from her, my little girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Widget by LinkWithin